Inky Editions is a professional print studio in Hudson, NY. Until recently, it was located near the historic Hudson train station. Our 5,000-square-foot space was a printmaking facility where artists produced fine art prints by working with intaglio based techniques. As of February of 2018, Inky Editions is in transition. It has closed its Hudson, NY location. It will continue its operation into a new location that will be announced soon.
We maintain a supportive environment to artists of all skill levels, by providing open access to equipment. Individual artists also have the option to reserve time for contract printing in collaboration with our master printer.
Our facility included:
- Etching presses
- Etching bath area with large paper sinks
- Exposure unit for photo-based work
- Classroom for workshops on drawing and printmaking techniques
- Storage options for artwork and materials
- Two private art studios which can be reserved for artists working on ongoing projects and editioning
- Gallery space for artist exhibitions and events, as well as lectures on print scholarship
Visual artist George Tsalikis established Inky Editions in the spring of 2015. The studio is environmentally friendly with its focus on alternative practices to toxic printmaking. During its presence in the Hudson, NY location, the organization has been fostering a creative community of artists via the medium of Printmaking. Collaborations, access to equipment, exhibitions, and free lectures were at the center of its activity and contribution to the culture and community of artists in Hudson Valley region, in upstate New York.
Inky Editions will announce its new plans and location in the upcoming months.